Photoshop brushes add the AWESOME to digital artistry and scrapbooking.
THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS YOU CAN USE BRUSHES TO MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN IN YOUR LAYOUTS, AND I’VE DEVELOPED THIS NEW WORKSHOP, TO SHOW YOU EXACTLY HOW.
Step-by-step guidance to instilling confidence, and adding incrementally and logically to build a strong foundation, is how the work gets done at Anna Aspnes Designs.
If you’ve got the basics down and want to elevate your skills using some of my favorite brushes techniques…
Then aAdvanced Brushes in Photoshop Elements is definitely for YOU.
aAdvanded Brushes is for photo enthusiasts, scrapbookers and digital artists looking to boost skill and creative flair in the realm of Brushes in Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Based on feedback and experience of what works best, I’m going to adopt a slightly different format for this workshop.
The content will be delivered in 3 X PRE-RECORDED SESSIONS over the course of 3 weeks to ensure best quality in delivery and viewing.
BUT, EACH OF THESES WEEKLY SESSIONS WILL BE FOLLOWED-UP ONE WEEK LATER BY A 30 MINUTE LIVE SESSION SO THAT YOU CAN YOU TO CONNECT WITH ME, GET ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AND HAVE CLARIFICATION ON COURSE CONTENT.
This approach enables me to add a highlighter to my cursor for easier viewing and break the videos down into smaller sessions, yet you are still able to leverage the LIVE advantage, should you choose to do so.
Note the length of each PRE-RECORDED SESSION is expected to be approximately 60-90 minutes.
aAdvanced Brushes in Photoshop Elements
WEEK 1. AN AFICIONADO’S TOOLBOX + THE ‘BIG PICTURE’ VIEW
We will quickly through the basics, just to make sure you’re not missing anything, and cover all the ‘Nitty-Gritty Good Stuff’ pertaining to Brush tools available to you in Photoshop Element i.e. The bits and pieces that you might not know.
You will also understand the use of brushes in terms of the ‘Big Picture View’, by discovering the different ways you can use brushes to impact your artistry, and how they transcend to use to other tools in Photoshop Elements.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to make key Preference changes beneficial to using brushes and customize your viewing options.
- The tools in the Brushes Options and how to use them.
- Useful shortcuts and keystrokes needed to speed up your artistry process.
- Using Blending Modes with Brushes
- How to change the Brush Settings
- Take advantage of Pen Pressure if you use a Pen/Tablet.
- Saving Brushes for future use.
- A variety of techniques for creating custom brushes*
- Best practices for creating your own brushes in Photoshop.
- Using brushes with other Photoshop tools, such as the Eraser, Clone and Smudge tools.
*Please note that I will be sharing some of the techniques I use to create brushes, but I will not be showing you exactly how I create the brushes at Anna Aspnes Designs.
WEEK 2 AND 3. MASTER ARTSY WITH BRUSHES
In sessions 3 and 4, we’ll create 2 different layouts (DigitalART supplies included) using everything we’ve learned in sessions 1 and 2.
I have identified at least 14 different artsy ways to use brushes in your layouts.
In each of these 2 weeks, we’ll create a different layout from start to finish showcasing at least 7 techniques. Breaking the content into 2 sessions will ensure assimilation of information, avoid brain-overload and provide opportunity for repetition which always enhances the learning experience.
YOU WILL LEARN THE FOLLOWING TECHNIQUES:
- Create Custom Lines/ArtStrokes
- Make your own Scattering Brushes
- Achieve Artsy and Seamless Blending
- Create your own Drawing tools and Sketches
- Enhance your Illustrations through Tracing
- Modification of Brushes
- Build Custom Clipping Masks
- Add Texture to your Composites
- Brush Placement (Design Principles)
- Using Brushes with Paths
- Lighting Effects with Brushes
- Colorize with Brushes
- Brushes and the Clipping Mask Function
- Create a Dispersion Effect
As usual this workshop is jam-packed full of content and is provide a balance of theory and technique in a project based approach.
If you’ve attended any of my previous classes, you’ll know that I over-deliver and stay longer than I promise. I’m committed to the teaching process and making the magic happen for YOU.
So what do you think?
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS ARTPLAY™ CLASS
EACH SESSION INCLUDES:
- 3 Pre-recorded sessions at least 60-90 minutes of teaching
- 3 LIVE 30 minute online interactive classroom environment sessions via Go To Meeting/Webinar*
- Ability to ask questions via Chatbox or Microphone.
- In depth written course content in .pdf format accompanying each session (excluding LIVE sessions)
- 3 LIVE session replay for each session delivered in .MP4 format
- Both layered .psd files created in sessions 2 and 3, including all aA DigitalART supplies
- You will be notified of new materials via email and will be able to download for Dropbox.
- Materials will remain available on Dropbox for at least 6 months.
- Optional class participation – YOU + ME = ART
* Follow-up LIVE sessions will be scheduled one week after the delivery of pre-recorded course content for each session. You will receive a link to download the first videos and materials for Session #1 on Wednesday 12 April 2017.
LIVE meets Self-Paced Advantage. Pre-recorded session provide a better quality video in terms of sound, clarity of the techniques being demonstrated and length of each section, while the virtual online classroom provides you with the opportunity to ask questions and connect with me LIVE via the chat box feature. The beauty of this connection enables you to get more information and clarification on the techniques that are pressing for you at the end of the session
Unable to attend a LIVE session? No problem. You can send me any questions or layouts prior to each LIVE session. All sessions are recorded and will be delivered to your inbox shortly after class to provide endless viewing at your own convenience.
Private Facebook/Group. You will have private access to one or both of the aAdvanced Brushes Groups. I am acutely aware that some students are not comfortable using the Facebook platform and am currently testing Cluster as a viable alternative.
Software Requirements. Adobe Photoshop Elements. Click here for the workshop conducted in Adobe Photoshop.
Got a question? Email me.
- Week 3. Master Artsy with Brushes - Layout 2
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 (MDT)
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm