Creative type adds meaning to the artistry and tells the story behind the photos.
Sometimes the imagery is not enough. Words are necessary to convey the message and enhance the design.
Type is a design element in itself and a key component to what we do as artists
Perhaps you are unaware of all the text options available to you in Adobe Photoshop…
Maybe you are tired of struggling with creating your own WordART titles to suit your designs.
Quite possibly you might want to inject some new inspiration into your process.
If you are interested in learning about getting creative with type in Adobe Photoshop, then this class is most definitely for YOU.
WordART LIVE is for photo enthusiasts, scrapbookers and digital artists looking to master the art of type to add creative flair to their layouts in Adobe Photoshop CC.
The content of this course will be delivered in THREE 90 minute LIVE online sessions over the course of 3 weeks, during which I will share everything I know about using type in your digital scrapbooking and artistry.
In WordART LIVE you will learn:
Week 1. The Basics of Type.
In this session, we will take an in depth look at the type tools available to you in Adobe Photoshop and you will learn how to use them to effectively use text in your designs.
- A detailed look at Type tool and all the available options, including how to create 3D type.
- The difference between typefaces and fonts.
- Create basic type, plus tricks, tips and pitfalls.
- Guidance on using and manipulating text boxes to manage text.
- Learn the difference between Vector and Raster and why it’s important when using type.
- Understand the Character panel, including Leading, Tracking and Kerning.
- Align text using the Paragraph panel.
- Automated text properties using Character and Paragraph Style panels.
- Learn how to use the Glyphs panel to view and use hidden font characters.
- Build a custom typography workspace.
- Use the Spell Checker in Adobe Photoshop.
Week 2. Type Design Principles
We will look at 6 basic design principles and how they relate to type so that you have a framework for building your own WordART.
- How to create stability and structure in your WordART through BALANCE.
- Using the PROXIMITY of words to create visually pleasing WordART.
- Considering ALIGNMENT to organize the text in your WordART.
- REPETITION of text properties to create pattern and unity in your WordART.
- Employ CONTRAST in text properties to create visual interest in your WordART.
- Understanding the existence of positive and negative SPACE in forming and placing your WordART.
Week 2. Artsy Type Techniques
Having mastered the foundations of type, the tools available to you and the design principles needed to create your own WordART, we’ll focus on specific techniques and effects that you can use to enhance your text.
You will learn how to use the following features in Adobe Photoshop to add pizzazz to your WordART:
- Layer Styles
- Clipping Masks
- Blending Modes
- And more…
This workshop is jam-packed full of content and is technique as opposed to project based. This means the focus will be on looking at as many examples of layouts as possible instead of creating a layout from start to finish.
You will have the opportunity to view LOTS of my archived layouts from the past 14 years featuring as many different text effects that I can show you within the time allotment for the sessions, as well as working with a number of text files.
The 90 minutes sessions guarantee at least 60 minutes of instruction, with a further 30 minutes for inevitable run-over and questions. If you’ve attended any of my previous classes, you’ll know that I’m committed to the teaching process and remain in session for as long as I am needed.
Ready to start creating fabulous WordART?
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS LIVE ARTPLAY™ CLASS
Each session includes:
- LIVE online interactive classroom environment via Go To Meeting/Webinar
- Ability to ask questions at the end of class via the Chat Box
- In depth written course content in .pdf format
- Class replay for each session delivered in .MP4 format
- Any layered .psd files created in class, to include all aA DigitalART supplies
- Optional class participation – YOU + ME = ART
The LIVE advantage. The virtual online classroom provides greater focus, with the opportunity to ask questions and connect with me LIVE via the chat box feature. Type your questions in the chat box as I demonstrate and guide you through the lesson. The beauty of this connection enables you to get more information and clarification on the techniques that are pressing for you at the end of the session
Unable to attend a class? No problem. All sessions are recorded and delivered to your inbox shortly after class to provide endless viewing at your own convenience. You will also be able to download the in depth written course content in .pdf format, the layered .PSD files created in class, and have private access to the WordART LIVE Facebook group.
Software Requirements: This course is taught in Adobe Photoshop CC. Please see this workshop if you would like to take this class in Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Got a question? Email me.
- WordART 101 LIVE for Photoshop CC
Monday, October 3, 2016 (MDT)
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- WordART 102 LIVE for Photoshop CC
Monday, October 10, 2016 (MDT)
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- WordART 103 LIVE for Photoshop CC
Monday, October 17, 2016 (MDT)
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Venue: aA LIVE Classroom
A link to access the classroom for all LIVE sessions will arrive in your inbox at 48- 24 hours prior to each session. Please contact me if you have not received your materials within 24 hours prior to class at firstname.lastname@example.org.