Artsy Dimensional Extracted Photo Effect
An extraction with a Drop Shadow Layer Style combined with aA DigitalART supplies and really makes a snapshot pop.
1. Initial Selections
Use the template from the Heritage Live workshop.
- Open and place photo using the Move Tool from the Tools Panel
- Resize the image as preferred using the Transform Tool.
2. Mask Your Photo
Use a FotoBlendz Clipping Mask to blend your photo.
- Select and place layers of .psd file 4 from Feuillemort FotoBlendz No 1 using the Move Tool from the Tools Panel.
- Ensure the FotoBlendz Clipping Mask layers reside BELOW the photo layer in the Layers Panel.
- Clip the photo to the Fotoblendz Clipping Mask using the Clipping Mask Function in Adobe Photoshop and Elements.
- Go to Layer> Create Clipping Mask.
- See this Layered FotoBlendz Video Tutorial for further guidance.
3. Create an Extraction
Remove the background of your photo to draw focus to the subject and add a Drop Shadow to build depth.
- Extract the subject from the photo with the Quick Selection Tool from the Tools Panel.
- Apply a Drop Shadow Layer Shadow to the extraction to create depth and visual interest in your design.
- Go to Layer> Layer Styles> Drop Shadow (PS) or Layer> Layer Styles> Style Settings> Drop Shadow (PSE).
- Create a Cast Shadow by separating the Drop Shadow Layer Style from the photo layer, before customizing the shadow layer using the Warp Tool.
- Apply a Layer Mask to the extracted photo, and blend this image layer using Brushes from Tools and ArtPlay Palettes, onto the original photo clipped to the Fotoblendz Clipping Mask.
- Adjust the brightness and contrast of the image using two Level Adjustment Layers above the extracted photo layout.
- Change the Blending Mode and Opacity of one to Soft Light at 40%, and the other to Screen at 30%.
4. Embellish with Elements
Use Transfers and Overlays from your favorite ArtPlay Palette to create visual interest and add the finishing touches to your layout.
- Place Transfer1.png from ArtPlay Palette Feuillemort between the extracted photo and the photo clipped to the Fotoblendz Clipping Mask layers in the Layers Panel.
- Adjust the rotation of the transfer as preferred using the Transform Tool.
- Place a variety of layers from ArtsyTransfers Feuillemort #4 and #5 BELOW the photo layers in the Layers Panel.