Are you FRUSTRATED with Clippings Masks?
Frustrated with Clippings Masks?
- Clipping masks are an EASY to blend your photos.
- But they do NOT come without their problems.
- Modify Clipping Masks provides solutions for ALL these frustrations.
There is ALSO guidance and inspiration for using the NEW ArtPlay Rainbow Collection.
1. ‘Hard’ Photo Edges
- NOTICE the very obvious ‘HARD’ PHOTO EDGE in (Image 1).
- Covering edges with embellishments can help to hide these frustrating lines but this does NOT fully solve the problem.
- Modify Clipping Masks provides 3 APPROACHES for blending those pesky hard photo edges.
2. Increase Density
- A Transfer from ArtPlay Palette Rainbow was used as the clipping mask (Image 1.)
- NOTICE how many of the facial features are distorted, unclear or hidden when clipped to the Transfer (Image 2.)
- Modify Clipping Masks shows you how to bring back the DETAILS of your image, plus modify your mask to BEST suit your photo as shown in Image 3 to yield the final image (4.)
3. Reduce a Clipping Mask
- Use ArtPlay Brushes to CUSTOMIZE a clipping mask and perfect your layout design.
- Add VISUAL INTEREST to your photos with TEXTURE and MOTIF such as text (Image 2.)
- NOTE that I also re-positioned the FotoGlows in the Rainbow FotoBlendz to better support my imagery.
4. Expand a Mask
- HALF my photo was hidden when I clipped the image to the Rainbow FotoBlendz (3) mask (Image 1.)
- Use ArtPlay Brushes to change the SHAPE of the mask from Landscape to Portrait (Image 2.)
- Recolor any of the texture/paint/FotoGlow layers in Rainbow FotoBlendz (3) to best support your photo.
- Apply my favorite technique for handing HARD PHOTO EDGES to your other DigitalART supplies.
- Learn EVERYTHING about Modifying Masks with ArtPlay Brushes.
- FREE DigitalART Pack with purchase.
- BONUS Discounts + $20 Coupon ENDS SOON.
Got a question?
Post in the comments BELOW.