Today I’m sharing Masterly Brushes Explained.
Masterly Brushes Explained
This post outlines a series of classes known as the Masterly Brushes series.
- What the classes are about.
- The order in which they are delivered.
- Timeline and additional information.
1. What is Masterly Brushes?
Masterly Brushes is massive series of classes.
- The series has 6 parts.
- Each of part includes multiple sessions.
- You can all available classes in this dedicated store category.
2. The Goal
Create an all-encompassing course providing everything you need to know about artsy digital scrapbooking and photo artistry at every level.
- Provide classes to accommodate varying levels, budget and preference.
- The modular format is intended to eliminate gaps in knowledge but curb overwhelm.
- Intentional repetition to foster learning and retaining skills without monotony.
- It’s hard to meet the needs of everyone but I’m confident this is the best approach to please the majority.
3. ‘Order’ of Classes
The Masterly Brushes includes:
PART 1: BASIC BRUSHES
- FREE Basic Brushes Guidance – Everything you need to know about loading and using brushes.
PART 2 – FUNDAMENTALS OF DESIGN
- Design Principles and Element Properties – The Basics of Graphic Design.
- Design with Brushes – How these concepts relate to a photo artistry and artsy digital scrapbooking.
These TWO CLASSES are ALSO available as a Bundles Option.
Part 3 – MASTER ARTPLAY PALETTE BRUSHES (AND BEYOND)
The focus is on the ArtPlay Palette brushes but relate to the use of a ALL Photoshop Brushes.
Available sessions are linked below.
There are 11 sessions:
- Modify Clipping Masks
- Design Custom Masks
- Master Custom Blending
- Illustrate Adjustment Layers
- Frame Focal Points
- Embellish Elements
- Distress Elements
- Texturize to Elements
- Enhance Color
- Support Movement
- Add Balance and Tension
PART 4 – Using TEXTURE BRUSHES
PART 5 – Using STITCHING BRUSHES
PART 6 – PICTORIAL BRUSHES
4. The Timeline
This has ‘shifted’ slightly as we all evolve with the global pandemic.
- Quarantine slowed my progress with this series in 2020.
- The aim is to release a new class every 2-4 months moving forward.
- Time-line is always subject to change as I also balance designing with my personal life.
This is dependent on the time required to complete each session.
- The time to concept, create an outline and write in-depth step-by-step instructions.
- Create at layout project to support all techniques demonstrates, plus additional layouts to support examples.
- Gather and organize aA Creative Team layouts.
- Review instructions and ensure they map succinctly with written content.
- Edit and proof repeatedly.
- Create screenshots for the videos.
- Record, edit, re-record, render the sessions.
- Select or create BONUS materials as a ‘gift with purchase.’
- Upload, list and prepare the class for registration in the Anna Aspnes Designs store.
Please Note. Pricing does NOT include the BONUS Art or ValuePack included with any class.
6. Got Questions?
Ask away in the comments below – I am always happy to help!