- Open the Water Color Template of your choice. Select, open and move a photo onto the layout using the Move tool from the Layers panel. Move the photo layer on top of the large mask layer in the template by dragging the layers up/down the Layers panel.
- Clip the photo to the mask layer using the clipping mask function in Adobe Photoshop and Elements. Go to Layer> Create Clipping Mask or press CTRL/CMD + ALT/OPT + G on the keyboard.
- Recolor the stain layers in the template. Go to Edit> Fill and ensure the ‘Preserve Transparency’ box is checked. Use the Color Picker to sample colors from your photo.
- Create a foundation for your layout by opening and placing an artsy paper as the background using the Move tool from the Tools panel. Select colors that co-ordinate with those in your photos.
- Clip 2 [ArtsyKardz] files to the FrameMasks in the template to fill the frames and create visual interest.
- Stamp brushes on New Layers in the colors of your choice using the Paint Brush tool from the Tools panel.
- Complete the design by adding a few dimensional elements, such as leaves, heart and [Stitching] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Stitching/ and [WordArt]http://www.oscraps.com/shop/WordART-c-397/ for a title.