You will need 5 photographs, 3 papers, 2 transfers, 2 overlays, 3 elements, 2 types of stitches, 2 types of WordArt and 1 brush to complete this layout.
- Select a template, such as FotoInspired Double Template No.29. This template has a good arrangement and variety of shaped masks. Use just one of the 2 templates provided.
- Choose a selection of digital papers that co-ordinate with the colors found in your photos. I chose ArtPlay Palette Mint Blizzard and ArtPlay Palette Coastline.
- Place transfers/overlays over the Background layer to create a custom artsy background. You can mask any hard edges using a Layer Mask and [BrushSets] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/BrushSets/.
- Clip your prepared photographs to the masks layers using the clipping mask function in Adobe Photoshop and Elements. Place the image layer directly above the mask layer in the Layers panel and go to Layer> Create Clipping Mask or press CTRL/CMD + ALT/OPT + G on your keyboard.
- Consider clipping artsy papers to the masks as well as photos to and rotate/resize any of the layers as preferred.
- Embellish the page with dimensional elements to support the story and create a focal point such as large wood word from Beach Word Art Mix No 2. The element was recolored using a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.
- Complete your layout with [stitching] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Stitching/, [brushes] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/BrushSets/ and more [WordArt] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/WordART-c-397/ can be added to highlight areas of your canvas.