Today, I’m sharing 7 Ways to Use ArtsyKardz.
Click on the images below to access complete list of aA DigitalART Supplies and process notes.
7 Ways to Use ArtsyKardz
1. Blend with Photos
Add a Photo to the ArtsyKardz Layer Stack.
- Move the photo up and down the Layers Panel to find best position for your image.
- Clip to one of the ArtsyKardz layers – Merge one or more layers as preferred.
- Introduce a FotoBlendz Clipping Mask to blend your photo.
- Mask your photo using a Layer Mask and Brushes.
- Apply Blending Modes to the photo layer.
Love this Place | Margo
2. ArtsyKardz with Frames
Clip to a Frame from an ArtPlay Palette, Template or Element Pack.
- Open the .jpg or .psd file from ArtsyKardz element pack of your choice.
- Move and clip the layer(s) to the ‘mask’ layer in the frame.
- RESIZE and/or ROTATE as needed to best fill the frame.
- Modify the ArtsyKardz layers as preferred.
3. ArtsyKardz as ‘Mattes’
Use to matte your photos and layer with frame and dimensional elements.
- Place an ArtsyKardz .jpg file below the photo layers.
- Position the ArtsyKardz file to offset your images.
- Create a layering effect with Frames, Word Labels and dimensional elements.
House Plants | Barb
4. ArtsyKardz with FotoInspired
ArtsyKardz files make for perfect ‘mask fillers’ in the FotoInspired Templates.
- The ArtsyKardz are of similar SIZE and SHAPE as the FotoInspired Template mask layers.
- Clip the .jpg or .psd multi-layered file to ANY of the mask layers in the FotoInspired Templates using the Clipping Mask function in Photoshop and Elements..
- Embellish the card with WordART, BrushSets and Embellishments.
Like a Camera | Joan
Just Relax | Miki
Surreal Fish | Marnie
5. ArtsyKardz with BrushSets
- Stamp a brush on a New Layer using the Paint Brush Tool from the Tools Panel.
- You can also open and place the .png file on your layout foundation.
- Move the ArtsyKardz file on top of the brush layer.
- Clip the ArtsyKardz to the brush layer as though it were a Clipping Mask.
Ready To Go | Barb
6. ArtsyKardz and Blending Modes
Apply Blending Modes to ArtsyKardz to elevate Visual Interest.
- Apply different Blending Modes to one or more of the ArtsyKardz to intensify COLOR and CONTRAST.
- These are located at the top of your Layers Panel in Photoshop and Elements.
- Click on ‘Normal’ to activate your Blending Mode menu options.
- Try Soft Light, Overlay, Color Burn, Darken or Multiply for example.
- Results will vary from one ArtsyKardz MultiPack to the next.
- Optionally, add a photo to the ArtsyKardz Layers Stack,
Underground | Margo
7. Individual ArtsyKardz Layers
Use one or more ArtsyTransfer layers as individual elements.
- Open the .psd format ArtsyKardz file of choice.
- Move layers individually onto your layout design to be used as Overlays.
- Examples include Paint layers such as Splatters and Stains, Textures, ArtStrokes and Tapes.
Wistful Longing | Viv
- Guidance for Using ArtsyKardz video.
- Resources for Useful Techniques in Photoshop and Elements video.