The Art of Heritage
A workshop providing guidance in beginning and creating your own unique album.
At the start of the year, I embarked on a new Heritage Project, combining my Mum’s ancestry research and stories, with my digital artistry, to create a Heritage project that is both artful, meaningful, and is gaining momentum with each passing month.
You can see the beginning stages of this project in this blog post.
The process has been much easier and more rewarding than I had ever imagined.
HeritageLIVE enables you to see ALL of the pages I have created, glean insight into my planning, organizational and creative processes, as well as learn from all my mistakes.
1. Getting Started
Advice and strategies for overcoming overwhelm and beginning large projects.
- The Source of Procrastination and Avoidance
- Mindset Matters
- Solutions to Overwhelm
2. Planning for Success
Considerations and guidance for planning your project.
- Printing Options
- Bleed and Gutter
- Finding Balance
- Visual Flow (Cohesive Design)
- Single/Double Pages
- Printing Guidance
- Page Configuration
- Layout Design
- Photo Scanning and Guidance
- Ancestry Research
- Selecting and Organizing DigitalART supplies
- Timeframe Allocation
3. Enjoy The Process
Overview of techniques, approaches and ideas for creating Heritage pages.
- Enhance Vintage/Damaged Images
- Add Color and Warmth to Black/White Heritage Images
- Artsy Approach to Heritage Documents/Newspaper Clippings
- Combine Old and New Photos
- No Photo Layouts
- Extractions verses Blending
- Scale Your Elements
- Journaling Ideas and Placement
- When You Don’t Have All the Answers.
And of course classes by Anna Aspnes Designs are ALWAYS jam-packed with additional extras
Who Is This For?
HeritageLIVE is designed for both Novice and Advanced Digital Artists, Scrapbookers, Memory Keepers and Ancestry Enthusiasts who want to create a cohesive non-template based album or project.
I share how I started this project, my approach to heritage memory keeping, and my process for curating a cohesive project, using my completed pages as examples.
- You will be empowered to overcome overwhelm and curate your pages into cohesive collections.
- You will have access to my thought process and learn the approaches behind my own project in order to inspire you to create your own.
- You will be able to apply and adapt these skills to other themes (such as travel, children and other events for example.)
In depth, layout deconstructions and demonstrations of techniques will be provided in the FOCUS sessions.
Heritage LIVE should provide more than enough content to enable more advanced memory keeps to take flight with a Heritage project, but the FOCUS sessions will provide much greater detail and how-to’s in each aspect of the the course.
Heritage FOCUS Sessions
HeritageLIVE will be followed by additional FOCUS sessions for those that need further guidance.
- FOCUS sessions will be conducted every 4-6 weeks.
- These will be listed as additional class offerings here in the Anna Aspnes Designs store.
- Each class will provide you with the opportunity to delve much deeper into each of the topics with me.
- There will be special guests, layout deconstructions and step-by-step techniques, designed to help you with your layout content and design.
- Designed to be mixed and matched according to your interests and preferences.
What to Expect from HeritageLIVE
- The workshop was recorded LIVE via Go To Meeting platform.
- The 3 + hour event has been edited and is delivered in 10 sessions.
- MP4 format sessions range from approx 10-30 minutes each.
- Dedicated Facebook group to connect and share with other students of this course.
- Supporting detailed .pdf handout (24 pages).
- 2 Templates (.psd format)
- Demonstrations are conducted in Adobe Photoshop CC, but can easily be followed by Adobe Photoshop and Elements users.